Sunday, August 17, 2008

calculated misadventure...or adventure miscalculated

It's apparently suicidal!
Am I asking myself to tread the path that tripped me time and again? Perhaps so! Lest I shouldn't have taken to writing - just to perpetuate the fleeting thoughts.
Sometime, I had had the habit of putting down my observations - and then,one fine morning, I just quit it for some reason hitherto unknown to me! It seems, the quitting was as sudden as the beginning! I really didn't start it with some lofty mission. And so the forsaking didn't actually entail any overpowering compunction.
The pain surfaced later,much later. And I slowly began to sink in quicksand of selfpity - the indignity of leading a life just like another creature began to take its toll on my psyche. I was almost smitten by a delusion of adequacy - it was no short of death!
I would have died had I not rebounded this way! Writing for oneself is quite like filling an album with precious photographs - the gives you a means to look back and reflect.
So lets try writing again - and I believe I will never fall short of subject - as the world I inhabit never ceases to surprise me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It fills my heart with excitement unbound to learn that a persona of your stature is once again set to inundate us with his writings ... eagerly looking forward to some great reading ahead!

the puzzled polymath said...

A creek cannot inundate!

GOPESWAR PAUL…Bengal’s Donatello

It wasn’t perchance that the front of G. Paul’s studio appeared on the expansive cover of Raghu Rai’s INDIA – Reflections in Black & W...