Friday, May 6, 2016

He first showed me the sparkling droplet on lotus leaf... 

He as much filled me with the reasons to be liked as disliked. He pampered me with Mont Blanc yet taught me to adore the wooden pencil. He taught me to draw faces with it. He took me to the world without letting me loose sight of what lay next. He taught me to speak on Nandalal and Dali in the same breath...to adore creativity. He showered me with books, brush and colour. He taught me to confront…and to stoop to conquer too. He made me fall in love with Vilayat Khan and Beethoven…and Swiss watches. He prepared me to wonder. And acquainted me with both Plato and the Platypus. He offered me the key to the exalting world of literature – where I later found many of my immortal friends. 

He bequeathed me an infinitely interesting life. Thanks Baba…

No comments:

GOPESWAR PAUL…Bengal’s Donatello

It wasn’t perchance that the front of G. Paul’s studio appeared on the expansive cover of Raghu Rai’s INDIA – Reflections in Black & W...